Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
RonHatch

CHOKE CABLE ROUTING

RonHatch
I just finished reassembling my restored B10. All went well except I don't like the sharp bend that I have in the choke cable right before the cable housing bolts to the carb. How did the factory route the cable or has anyone come up with a better way to do it without any sharp bends?

JimDk
Ron, Your cable may have been replaced with one that is too long. It should run between the gas tank and dash side panel, then drop to the level of the carb. My Simp. 101 project tractor has hydraulic lift and the choke cable is long enough to stay above the lift unit, but short enough to work smoothly (see picture ). If you can separate the cable and housing you could cut it shorter and rebend the z hook for the carb end. Good luck, Jim

dentwizz
I chose to use the other side of the carb linkage and run the cable through the firewall. Usually the carbs have provisions for either side.

JimDk
Mine are all either/or, left or right side. I just put together a B-12 and the choke lever is on the inside. I have no idea where I got the carb on the "project". It does look a little crude due to not using a side panel. Jim