Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
larry8200

3400-7000 42" snowblower pics wanted

larry8200
Looking for pictures of the lift and rotator linkage on the right side of the 42" snowblower. I have had the bracket that holds the rotator handle bolted to the tractor and blower both, and neither seems quite right. Thanks

skunkhome
Larry there should be a support bracket with a thimble that comes off the side of your snowblower to support the spout control rod. I would think attaching it to tractor would put the rod in a bind when the unit is raised and lowered and possibly mess something up.

larry8200
Thanks. Yes, thats an older picture, and the rotator rod's handle pulled on the support bracket when the blower was down, and the lift rod rubbed on the support bracket all the time. I've had it back on the blower for sometime. There are no issues, but I dont like it either. I think the extra peice was added for additional leverage to accomodate the electric lift, but I dont recall how it was originally. Here is how it is now.

PhanDad
These are the best pics I have available of my newer setup (42" blower on my GTHL):

But I think your blower is more like the 36" Simplicity blower I had setup on my Homelite T-12:

The lift rod attaches to the lower hole visible on your snowblower lift arm.

larry8200
Great pictures Bill. Thanks. The 36" on the T12 is similar, mine can be set up the same, but will lift harder without that 4" bar. The electric lift strains a bit now when the blowers packed with heavy snow. I'm going to have to mount it and do some experimenting, I think