Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Latest find "FREE"---IT'S ALIVE!!!!

SimpleTom

I just saw this on Craigslist and went to pick it up. The ad just showed the tractor and vac unit. It's a 2110.

When I talked to him he asked if I wanted the blower attachment. I said sure if it's free also.

Then he said he had the hoses which he just bought and some extra blades for the deck.

The ad stated that both engines needed work. He told me they were both seized. When I got it home I found that the engine on the blower attachment runs fine. One of the blades in the blower is rubbing the housing inside causing it to appear to be seized. The engine in the tractor has a broken connecting rod. He must have overheated it. I pulled the head and the cylinder walls look perfect and the piston moves freely. Lots of grass in the fins of the block. Should be an easy fix. :D Oh yea, forgot to say it was FREE!!!!

I had one delivered Friday, same price. Not much to get, new seat, hi - lo, hood knobs, moons and some engine parts as it was "bare" when it got here.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/Bmfree1.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/BLT/BMfree2.jpg[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Insert the music from the movie "Christine". Not "Bad to the bone" but the scary theme music when it was chasing down Moochie Welch on the street. "Hey Cunningham, Is that you Cunningham?, You ain't mad are you?"

I swapped out the engine with one I had on the shelf, power washed it, put on a better headlight and mounted the snow blower. It's running in the pictures.

I'm hoping when I go out to the garage in the morning I will find a showroom floor condition 2110 sitting there.....}:)

I swapped out the engine with one I had on the shelf, power washed it, put on a better headlight and mounted the snow blower. It's running in the pictures. Looks good and I can't even hear it run.:D