Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
RUMBLEFISH

Dang

RUMBLEFISH
I just watched a ALLIS SIMPLICITY GARDEN TRACTOR TOOLBOX go for $200 on ebay. I kept on aye on it since it sat at $50 for several days. I signed on this morning and wanted to bid and well lets just say thats to rich for my blood.

timflury
I saw one on a Big-Ten at the tractor show recently. The owner had that grin on his face that he knew he had a rare piece. They attach to the back of the seat.

dav
i have one on my B-1. am amazed at how often i find that the pin or shackle or bolt that i need is right at hand. saves me all that bother of going to the shed and looking thru who knows how many boxes to find what i need. wish i had one for each machine! have had inquires at the shows but i flatly state "it's not for sale" my 64ish landlord has the pouch on the back of the seat. not near as convenient or spacious. not to mention that the pouch fills up every time it rains (which it does a lot here in florida!)

acjustin
I noticed there is a radio listed on ebay. I assume it is for the b series. Seller says hardware is still sealed in packaging and has the box. Be interesting to see how much it goes for. I think it is around $80 as of now.

RayS
quote:
Originally posted by dav
i have one on my B-1. am amazed at how often i find that the pin or shackle or bolt that i need is right at hand. saves me all that bother of going to the shed and looking thru who knows how many boxes to find what i need. wish i had one for each machine! have had inquires at the shows but i flatly state "it's not for sale" my 64ish landlord has the pouch on the back of the seat. not near as convenient or spacious. not to mention that the pouch fills up every time it rains (which it does a lot here in florida!) you willing to post dimensions?

farmtoybuilder
That's what I was going to ask! Pictures,drawing, measurements Please sm01 So we could have some reproduction ones made! We use to sell AC and sold a few of them with toolboxes. My HB112 that I had as kid had one on it. Wish I had still that one back! Please Send us a copy of sketch and dimensions. I have a friend in sheet metal business as well. And something that's been on my to do list if I ever found one to copy! Hopefully cschmidt62 or one of us can make some of them.

dads707
Kent had one on his Allis. Not an original, but looked super-nice. I tried searching for it, but kept getting an error msg. Maybe he will put a pic on here when he checks in..

B10Dave
:O:O $200 !!!!!. You mean the rusty lump of tin on the seatback of my B112 parts tractor is worth $200??? Crawled in beside it today to make sure box was still there. Now I'll have to keep the shop locked for sure.

B10Dave.

dav
the pic that maynard posted is not what i have. mine is the same as B10dave's. thought i would have some made and sell them to support my tractor habit but the shop that i have done business with is a victim of the economic downturn, damn!! they did an excellent job making inner rocker panels-not available ANYWHERE!!- for my Fiat! so anyway, i still have the toolbox here in front of the computer and i WILL get the dimensions written down this week