Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
unkman

Looking for deck model

unkman
The serial numbers that i could pull off of the tag in Black was 885 to the left and to the right stamped in the aluminum was 001999 although some of those 9's could be 8's because part of the sticker is missing along the bottom of the numbers but i am pretty sure its 001999... I'm ultimately looking to acquire seals/bearings for the spindles as i know 1 is in decent shape but top bearing maybe missing a few balls or is pretty rusty i would like to replace all of them since i have it apart.. the middle top pulley bolted right off and with a little wiggling the bottom bottom pulley of that spindle came right off.. the other 2 (left and right) look like they are going to need to be pressed off via the method i read in one of the other posts as to not put any pressure on the half's where the belt rides Thanks in advance for any info Henry

RayS
You can download a manual at the link below. Type 990885 in the box at the link. Hope this helps. The seals are in the bearings and the Simplicity part number is 108202. http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/

unkman
the seals on the bottom of spindle shaft those are plastic simplicity still sell those? i noticed on the center spindle that the bottom was unshielded where as the top was fully sealed 2 different types ?

RayS
The bearings are sealed or shielded both sides from factory. The replacement bearing that you buy from Simplicity is as well. The part number is 108202. If there is a missing seal someone must have removed it the last time the bearings were changed.