Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
HVACRAT

kohler k361

HVACRAT
Wow just picked up a simplicity 7018 with the k361 ohv engine. rebuild kits online are around $400.00 including new piston. Any where cheaper to get parts? Need a head gasket, rings and all other gaskets and the shaft seals. Going to use old piston over.

CarlH
The piston and rings are the same as used in the K341 16 HP engine. Get a gasket set for the K361 and and K341 rings of the appropriate size. Replacing the connecting rod will be some $$ if it is still available from Kohler (a K341 rod will fit but is not as strong as the K361 rod). The K361 cam is NLA from Kohler. I get most of my Kohler parts from [url]OPEengines.com[/url]

GregB
Before you spend alot of $ have the head checked out, they drop valve seats, guides, etc. Not sure if they are still available but were high $ The ones that are around are in demand by certain classes of garden tractor pullers. I had a 718 (Allis equivilent), swapped a Briggs into it, had to change the wiring harness and switch due to the different styles of ignition systems. Look around do some searches, swapping has been discussed many times.