Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Tractor Hauler

D-17_Dave

I've been negotiating this few a few weeks and didn't want to spoil the deal before I had something concrete. But, here it is. My new to me tractor hauler.

84 model 3/4 ton, 454 big block, 400 automatic, 4-door. COLD AC, Captains bucket seats up front. New radiator and brake booster/master cyl. Engine puffs a little smoke but runs out very nicely. 3.73 rear end, 2 wheel drive. Not many little things to do on it. I'm pretty pleased with the few minutes I spent in it before getting back on the road. I found it in Saint Louis, took mom and dad with me on my way to Kansas City for this weeks race. They'll drive it back home for me. Now I'll get to see how much its going to take to feed that 454 now. For those that know me well I do have some plans for it for later but for now I just plan on driving it like it is.

Nice find Dave. That's a fairly rare configuration, at least from what you would see here in Rochester, NY. You will be able to to some serious haulin with it. Is the Avalance in the background yours?

Wow! I live in IL just a little across the river from St. Louis. Someone has taken really good care of it, and maybe even have done some body work on it. You just don't see trucks of that vintage around here without rust. Looks like a cherry from my perspective.

Avalanch was his other vehicle The truck was an orriginal Texas truck, then spent some time in Arizona and around before this guy in SL bought it. It hasn't been there but about 5 months.

Nice rig, I've always had a soft spot for the Big block bowties. Something like that is a rare find here in the northeast where the rust will get it before it wears out!

quote:
Originally posted by D10-Allis
Nice truck, but don't leave the rest of us out what are the plans for later. :D :D
Nothing immediate, but I'm thinking some diamond plate trim on the bed, a new head liner, custom aluminium rims and tires, 4 wheel drive, 383 stroker with multi-port fuel injection and a 4L80E 4 speed tranny, new axles with rear locker. Just a few things.;):D