Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Everyone Buying a new unit from a dealer-READ THIS

SmilinSam

THAT IS 2 OF US WITH THIS ATTITUDE.HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY AGCO918.TOLD THE DEALER 3 OR 4 TIMES AND PROBLEM WAS STILL THERE.I TOOK IT TO A SIMPLICITY DEALER AND THEY HAVE FIXED EVERY PROBLEM I HAVE HAD.YOU ARE RIGHT SAM ON THE SO CALLED MECHANIC.I AM MORE PICKY I KNOW THAN MOST OF YOU BUT I DIDNT PAY THE MONEY THAT I DID TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS OVER AND OVER.THE HYDRA PROBLEM IS NOT A ISOLATED PROBLEM LIKE SIMPLICITY WANTS US TO THINK IT IS.THE POINT IS IF YOU HAVE TO TAKE IIT TO A SIMPLICITY DEALER TO HAVE IT FIXED THEN DO IT.I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST AGCO DEALERS AT ALL BECAUSE THEY ARE GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK WITH BUT IN MY CASE ONLY THE SIMPLICITY DEALER HAS WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY MORE THAN ENOUGH TO HELP ME AND TO SATISFY ME.THEY HAVE SEEN THE PROBLEMS AND THE STUFF BEFORE I EVEN OPENED MY MOUTH AND NO MY SIMPLICITY DEALER HAS ALL OF MY BUSSINESS BECAUSE THEY ANSWERED MY ? I HAD AND TOOK THE TIME TO HELP ME WITH THE PROBLEM.I AM VERY NICE UNTIL MY BUTTONS GET PUSHED AND WHEN I HAVE TO CALL SIMPLICITY ON THE PHONE AND HAVE A TERRITORY MANAGER CALL ME TO FIND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM IS THAT I TOLD THE OTHER DEALERS ABOUT IT MAKES ME VERY NOT SO HAPPY.IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR TRACTOR IN MY OWN OPPION GO TO THE SIMPLICITY DEALER AND THEY WILL MAKE IT RIGHT.THE AGCO DEALERS HELP YOU BUT DONT SEEM TO CARE IF YOUR PRIDE AND JOY IS RIGHT OR NOT .WE LOYAL CUSTOMERS IN THIS DAY AND AGE SHOULD MEAN MORE THAN THE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS THAT THESE COMPANIES MAKE OFF OF US AND THEY SHOULD WANT TO MAKE OUR TRACTORS RIGHT IF THEY WANT OUR RETURN BUSSINESS.THANK OBOUT IT.AGCO918 CHAD E SHAFER

If you are buying a new lawn/Garden tractor from a dealer you should pay just as much attention to the qualifacations of the dealer service personnell as you do to the purchase price. After a few run ins with my dealer service dept I did a little looking and found that it is not uncommon for dealers to have un-qualified mechanics (sometimes not even mechanics)working in their service depts. It is a little alarming when you take your new pride and joy into the shop and you ,the owner, have to tell the mechanic(and I use that term loosely) what, how, and where to fix the problems. On my last venture the would be mechanic couldn't even fix nor find the problem even after I had him obtain the dealer service memo on the problem (leaking hydro). So, be sure and check out whos in the mechanics seat at your dealership before you buy. Might save you some trouble later. SmilinSam

> ". . . be sure and check out whos in the mechanics seat at your dealership before you buy . . ." How would you do that..?

I would at least ask the dealer a few questions about their mechanics training, experience or other qualifacations-even references. People do it with their auto dealers, why not with their Lawn equipment dealers? At least I knew what needed to be done to my tractor. What happens to the people who have no Idea whats wrong with their machine? If the so called mechanic doesn't know, or simply tells them there is NO problem(like they did with me, because he DIDN"T know) then they are kind of left out on a limb. Most people take for granted that the people working on their machines know what they are doing, I'm just saying this may not be the case. It hasn't been in each of my four cases. A few well placed questions could steer one clear of unnecesary trouble later. Sam

I ride snowmobiles. As do my buddies. I've got ski-doo and polaris snomobiles. I am more partial to polaris. I'll buy another polaris next year. I will buy it from a dealer over 300 miles away. I'll do it because thats where I can get the best price. I am not worried about service cause I can fix them myself. I don't want my local polaris dealer touching my stuff. I do NOT trust them. IF I were to buy a ski-doo next year, I would buy it from my local dealer. Honest, competent, helpful. A great dealer. Just so happens they sell Simps too. Now if they could just get that polaris franchise.... Ask your friends and neighbors about thier expiriences with various dealers. I'll never buy another car or truck from Crown Motors. They sell every american brand but Ford and I've never bought a NEW Ford. I guess I'll drive farther. GOOD DEALERS ARE GOLDEN !