Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Firestone Lug Tires/Carlisle Super Lug

D10-Allis

Has anyone bought a pair of the New size 23 x 10.5 - 12 Firestone lug tires yet. Anyone have a picture of them on a tractor preferably Allis or Simplicity brand? :p I've only seen one picture of them and it was a green tractor.:Y:Y

I thought Firestone got out of that size along with whats left of Goodyear. And Carlisle is also getting out out it. The purchasing numbers are not there to justify that many builders.

I think Miller Tire can still get the firestones. They are a 23 degree lug, Marty (MPH) has them on his Landlord. Carlisle does still make tru-powers in 23x10.50-12.

Miller tire has 2 for $250 plus shipping on E-bay.(ouch) I believe MPH has them but they are 8.5 wide. The "new" ones are 10.5 wide. Just looking for a "real" picture of them mounted.dOd

I do have and really like my Firestone 23 degree lugs and Jeff is correct, mine are 8.50's. 250 for the pair don't sound that bad, last set I brought back up cost me thinking, 86 bucks each.

• 2 weeks later...
Firestone tires showed up and I mounted one tire on the rim, not real happy with the way they Puckered on the 8" rim so I will get a wider rim to take care of the Puckering. I like the flatter look on the unmounted tire.

Size wise it real close to the Carlisle Super Lug which is on a 10" rim

Keep you posted once I buy or make wider rims.

What air pressure did you put in them? Big farm tractors run low air pressures and only part of tread that stays flat looking is ground contact patch. B10Dave

• 5 months later...
Finished up a project that didn't get done last October. Had to widen some rims so I Ruff cut 4

Put them on the Lathe and trued them up, sandblasted and smoked'd them with the TIG welder.

Gained 3 and a quarter inches of rim width

They flattened out nice.

Now I need some Durt!

• Like 1

I checked w/Firestone dealer to order 23x8.50-12. The size shows up in Firestone's website and dealer info but none warehoused. Dealer (and Marty) said 23x8.50-12 are made in a limited run an unannounced times. Right now there is a rubber shortage so no limited runs for awhile. Miller tire secured the last 23x10.5-12 limited run. They sure are good looking tires!

:D:D What's your address? When are you away? What cut of beef does your guard dog like? Do you have nosy neighbors? Oh heck, I guess it"s easier to buy my own tires than to try and acquire yours(and the 920) Just an envious fellow tractor nut venting!! LOL.dOddOd B10Dave

Thanks guys for the compliments, Nobody else posted pictures of Firestones so it seems like Marty (MPH) and I might have the only Firestones in the Club? How can that be? B10Dave you crack me up and Made my Day. sm01

I have some and love them, just not in the size you asked about. These are 26 12 12 on 8 1/2" rims and about 5# of air