Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
larry8200

Todays Catch

larry8200
Where there is a will, there is a way. I just got home with a 7013S with front PTO, rear lift and a locked transmission. Starts and runs fine though. It came with a 42" deck, 36" snowblower, and 36" roto-tiller, all in nice shape. We got it ALL in my Windstar cargo van. In fact it's still in my van.:D I know of the trick using a bent screwdriver to move the tranny forks, now I'm going to get to try it.C Cost: 4 hours, 80 miles and $200 cash.:D:D:D

ZippoVarga
Hey Larry.....here's my video showing how to do the tranny fork pull. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqnPXZEV0ZE I hope that's the worst of your trouble with the new addition!!

larry8200
quote:
Originally posted by ZippoVarga
Hey Larry.....here's my video showing how to do the tranny fork pull. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqnPXZEV0ZE I hope that's the worst of your trouble with the new addition!!
I hope so to, I watched your video and I see what needs to be done, the written directions I have are correct, but a little confusing. The video is definitely worth watching. I'll let you know soon. A big Thanks!

ZippoVarga
I'm easier taught by seeing than by reading. A Hands on approach to me is golden, which is why I do the videos. I hope it helps out some Larry.

IronPony
Once you have performed the "out patient surgery" prevention is the next step. Never "speed shift" on the go. I have found with my Allis 712S that if I have my foot off the pedal and the forward reverse selector in neutral when I put her in gear, I have no problems. It has been about 7 years since the last time I had to use my bent screwdriver. You have a really nice find there. Dan

Sign in to follow this