Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

leaking rear tire

I have just picked up a 7118 and one rear tire is leaking, Are these tubed tires? I am sure I picked up something in the yard (nail or thorn) Any thoughts on the puncture procducts on the market like slime?

They came from the factory as tubeless. If it is leaking around the bead or thru some weather checks then installing a tube would fix it.If it is punctured then a tubeless tire plug like that used in car tires will work fine.

Look at the valve stem to determine if someone installed a tube. I never used Slime, but some say it is great. I like 4 ply tubeless without tire snot.

If you need a quick fix, you can screw a lag screw into the hole with some Locktite thread sealer. Never tried it on a Tractor but it works great on my ATV. Jordan

I say "Slime that there tire" ha ha. I have used Slime and it is a water based product that works well as long as the hole is only about the size of a spike "nail"or 1/8" dia.or smaller. I used it on the front tire on my Broadmoor and it worked great and I also have used and installed it on my atv tires and when ever I have run over a thorn or a nail I can see the green "Slime" leaking out until it seals itself. First find out where the tire is leaking whether at the rim or the tire itself and then decide whether to - tube it- spug it-screw it- or SLIME IT ha. >>->happyjack<-<< P.S. My Kubota has sealer in all its tires as an option and if not for it I would be repairing tires or the time but I don't know what type the dealership used but its a gray color and that I know with 3 nails still in its tires waiting to come out "opps" and while tearing down my sons burned out garage and driving on all kinds of boards with nails in them we only added air one time to a front tire untill it sealed itself. Yea either hate the stuff or love it untill the tire needs to come off.