Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Locked Transaxle, GOT IT!!!

larry8200

With the shuttle I had to take the reverser assembly off to get at the fill hole. After watching Zippo's vide, studying a picture of an opened transaxle, reading advice, and studying the shift handles movement, I could see the front "shift block" had to be pushed back to the center. With the picture I could see the top of the "shift block" was about one and a half inches below the hole, and with my final "bent screwdriver" I got it on the second try. The shifter wouldn't go forwrd atall at first, but then it slid in and everything is back to normal. With that one click my "brand new" 7013S left it's status as parts and rejoined the living :D:D:D THANKS GUYS!!! :D:D:D

---------------------------------------------------------------------- I studied up on the shifter fork fix, only to find the shuttle reverser is 2" higher than the hole. I bent up a screwdriver anyway, and it seemed like I was close, but a lot of frustration and no luck. The shifter moves without resistance from the center to the upper right position, and will not go left at all. You can slide the shifter back, and it goes into the lower right, and lower left positions and feels normal. I've been fishing towards the front right, I want to get that roller and pull it towards me? Should I take the shuttle reverser off and bend up another screwdriver? Any suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks

Its been awhile, but I'm pretty sure when I did the"bent screw driver trick "on my 716-6spd I had to remove the driven pulley on the trans :( to be able to pull it off.

I did it on my 6 speed with the pulleys in place. Don't give up! Just make sure you keep trying differently. If you chase on of the 2 metal guides in there it will lead you to it. Of course none of this will make sence until you hear the click and its done!!!

^^ Larry. Your screwdrivers have now become specialized tools and as such have quadrupled in value. Now worth at least $1.98 each. LOL.dOd B10Dave.