Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ready for winter

OrangeMetalGuy

(don't shoot me for mentioning that 6-letter word). Last year (during blizzard #1), I decided no matter what I was going to have my plow tractor in a garage before the next (this) winter... yes, that is the 716H on the left under a tarp:

Today, I finished running electric to the new tractor garage.. so I'll have lights and a couple of receptacles.

It's done! Just need to swap tractors and move the blower & plow inside the shed when I'm done mowing for the season. What a difference a year makes...

Got to like that plan. :D I only have 1 tractor so the deck will come off, tiller on for one last pass on the garden and then the snowblower will go on. Most likely I will have the snowblower on by Halloween. I always love blowing a few leaves before the snow flys.

Whats that floor made of out of curiosity? Looks great, I just built a new "tractor barn" this spring and had concrete poured last week but love that look you have:D, well done.

The floor covering is actually a very thick ribbed mat. Should channel the water out the front door. I am going to put a sacrificial piece of plywood or OSB down before I pull the plow tractor in there with the chains on the back wheels.

Nice shed!! The thing is we KNOW it comes back every year, but sometimes our timing just don't work out right and we get caught with our pants down (or mower decks on) when that first blast hits;). Hey Burntime that's not fair, I don't have a cab to put onwah,wah. Greg

I know.. I just got oil delivered today and had to turn the heat on.. 64 in the house. Looks like we're having a quick switch from summer to winter. My only regret is that the door opening is not tall enough to permit a cab :(

I'm disappointed guys. Winter means plenty of seat time to me. But then you have to really enjoy the snow and cold in ND. I just can't wait to try my 18hp repower moving snow. I was doing it with the 12.5 last year.

Well I'm certainly excited for winter!! I love snow to begin with, but this year will be extra special as it's the first I'll have a working tractor with snow blower :D On top of that, I have never in my life had a parking spot in any garage I've owned or otherwise... until now. After some reworking and plenty of garage cleaning, as of yesterday I can now fit both mine and my wife's vehicles in the garage along with the tractor and each can enter or exit without shuffling things around!! No more scraping windows and cleaning off lake effect snow every morning for me :p

Ready for winter?????????? think I'm missing something in this spot

As my little Ranger was 'winter tires' last wed when I ran into this on my way to Anchorage.

As for tractors??? I'm better set, never took the snowblower or cab off the B-112, though it hasn't been started since about aprilB)B). Trusty ole '64 LL is in the shop and the blade is still sitting right out the back door:)

Looking forward to playing with my "new" 6216. 42" blower and cab. Just finished having the tractor running well, oil changed, and a bit of grass to cut to make sure it is good to go. Now have to get the blower cleaned, and prepared. First time for having a cab and mounting it, so that could be a "fun" time. But guess I have aboout 5 weeks to finish. I hope.

• 2 weeks later...
My new 2-link chains came today (cool 'cuz I just ordered them on Tuesday) and I have one ag tire I need to have a tube put in... Then it's just the ags and weights to put on and I'll be ready. One thing I haven't addressed yet is front tire traction. Think I need to get wheel weights for the front. Would love to get tri-ribs but boy they are pricey.

That sure looks like it says 712 on the hood of that tractor?? My 712 still has the 712 sticker even though I put a 16 horse in it. Yours looks very clean and cozy in the new stall. Dan

• 1 year later...
Dan, that one in the 2nd pic is the 712H. It stays in the shed during the summer while the 716H goes out back. In the fall they switch places so the 716H can do snowplow duty.