Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Good afternoon in the shop.

B10Dave

dOddOdSpent a couple of hours in my shop this afternoon. Mounted the tiller on the BigTen. Then freed up the belt tensioner. Chased the threads and applied anti seize before reassembling and adjusting. Put new plug wires on the 620,adjusted the points and timing and installed an external condensor beside the coil. Then I charged the battery on the other BigTen and started to repair the Hi/Lo linkage. Quality time with the tractors is hard to beat.^^ B10Dave

Looks like you had a productive day. I have found it helpful to keep the lift shaft rust free and a little grease when installing.

^ My Dad has a well equiped hobby machine shop and he made me three sets out of brass stock.:D B10Dave

quote:
Originally posted by B10Dave
^ My Dad has a well equiped hobby machine shop and he made me three sets out of brass stock.:D B10Dave
` does he want to make more

^ Marty. Shaft is not as rusty as picture makes it look. Slides in and out easily. Thanks for tip about grease. Rob. No he doesn't want to make more. I suggested that and said we could sell them on ebay but he said that would spoil his fun quotient in the shop.Sorry. Any one with a lathe and a mill could turn you up a set and make the slot very easily.:D Dave.

thats cool dave it never hurts to ask right i have a guy thats will just dont see him much he works on a job site i have but i dont go there alot