Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What tiller will fit?

kickinkz

Hi guys, new here. Looks like a wealth of information on these tractors. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can find what model tiller would fit on a Simplicity 12.5LTH? I just picked it up yesterday and it runs fairly good, needs a little love though. Came with a deck and snowblower attachment that needs a lot of love, but I'd like to see if I can find a tiller attachment for my garden also... Thanks for the help! Phil

I do not believe there is a simplicity made tiller for that one. You would have to buy one of those tillers with their own engines...

Your operators manual doesn't' list a tiller, so Burntime is correct. The manufacturing number for your tractor is 1692073 or 1692105 according to the SimpletACtors site x-reference page 15 (http://www.simpletractors.com/X-reference/s_ac_pg15.htm) manuals for your tractor can be found here: http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/index.cfm?rd=1

Ya, I was at school this morning when I posted this...just checked the model number....1691886 is what it is...I checked the owners manual just now and they don't list a tiller for it there... Guess I'll have to stick with my walk behind... Thanks for the help! Phil

Phil, Welcome to the club. You may find, as many of us have, that Simplicitys and A/C s are addictive. A tractor for each attachment is not an unreasonable goal.

quote:
Originally posted by JimDk
Phil, Welcome to the club. You may find, as many of us have, that Simplicitys and A/C s are addictive. A tractor for each attachment is not an unreasonable goal.
Thanks! Ya, as much as I'd like, I think the wife would kill me if I brought another one home. I got it for a good price, but it does need work...I just fixed the brake...it was rather tight....after tearing th pedal out and lubing everything up it's good to go...the snow blower has some issues...needs some work on the drum, and a small hammer to straighten out one side...I'm hoping I've got all the parts, if not, I should be able to order them still...plus I plan on doing the electric chute mod...looks sweet. Later Phil

Welcome aboard Phil, We just need to get you into a large frame. Then you can shop attachments until you're blue in the face. Decks, blowers, plow and grader blades, tillers, revitalizers, chipper, generator, sickle bar, brush cutter, sweepers, vac systems,trailing mowers....... It's incredible what is available. Some are pretty rare and hard to come by, but all are well engineered excellent working units. The large frame tractors are slightly varied, but numerous to choose from and real workhorse bullet proof tanks. Eventually you will be infected, the cure creates an addiction, and then it's all fun from there!!

quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
Welcome aboard Phil, We just need to get you into a large frame. Then you can shop attachments until you're blue in the face. Decks, blowers, plow and grader blades, tillers, revitalizers, chipper, generator, sickle bar, brush cutter, sweepers, vac systems,trailing mowers....... It's incredible what is available. Some are pretty rare and hard to come by, but all are well engineered excellent working units. The large frame tractors are slightly varied, but numerous to choose from and real workhorse bullet proof tanks. Eventually you will be infected, the cure creates an addiction, and then it's all fun from there!!
I hear ya, it was that way with motorcycles for me for a while...now I've finally got it pared down to 2 bikes...mine and the wife's... I mainly bought this for the snowblower...I'm sick of my little walk behind...plus I don't think the 10 hp Tecumseh on there has much life left... Later Phil

quote:
Originally posted by JimDk
thats what i keep telling my wife im now up to eight six runners