Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My Allis upgrades

JP10

For the B-110: new seat, compliments of SLI, and new front Carlisle stud tires from Miller Tire online. Still cuts like a champ.

For the B-10: installed a hydrolift with new hoses.

Come snow time the B-110 will have the blower and the B-10 will have the spring trip blade as backup. Anyone else make "upgrades" this year? J-P

J-P, I see some nice stripes. The B-110 looks great, and is doing a good job. Of course, the B-10 looked great the first time I saw it. Nice job on the hydraulic lift. No upgrade, but I did change the head and gasket on my snow plowing rig, A/C 917, to stop the oil blowing out thru the grill. It runs much better. I'm ready for snow.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'll miss the stripes here shortly, they are fun to make. I hope the winter is kind to us all.sm01

Your tractor are looking great. Mine made zero headway this year, just worked them hard. Did you find OEM hoses for the hyfto lift? Been less then pleased with the 2 sets I have had made up here.

Naw, hoses aren't OEM, just took the old ones to a local hydraulic shop and they matched up a new pair. So far so good.

The B10 is awful nice to use with a snowblower, but the hydro lift on it would sure be nice compared to the armstrong life on the B110.

I really like your choice of tires on the B-10. I noticed a drip pan under it. You know, seals are still available. As for my upgrades, I put new tires on my LL and I restored a Brinly plow. I also have apart in my basement, a VGC 243431 10 horse engine, the correct one for my 2110.

Upgrades....hmm......well...I did add B-1 fenders to Ugly-Alice (They were black when I got them..this makes the 32nd and 33rd part from another tractor on her and Then I added flashing tail lights to the sacrificed fenders. Soon, I'll have stock looking Allis-Chalmers B-10 decals on either side of the old simplicity donated hood that will read "Ugly-Alice B-16"....Other than that.........uh.....uh...that's all that comes to mind. Sweet looking Bumble Bee!! I've got a set of OEM hydro hoses put away for a rainy day, and pattern for Napa to make new hoses off of. I'm not sure if those old hoses are any good after 40 years on the shelf.

I actually have pans under both my tractors when parked in the garage and have new seals for both. They drip only on occasion, not enough to really bother me so it keeps me from getting motivated enough to change them. Sean, your Ugly Alice is definitely a special kind of animal.:D When do we get an updated picture?