Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

corporate orange - best paint for this?

mike_sdak

I have been using the rustoleum agricultural equipment spray cans (Allis Chalmers Orange) on my 917. It has worked good so far, but the color appears to be too bright. (I am comparing against underside of dash panel and other unfaded paint). I will probably finish painting and put her back together, but sometime I would like to redo the color. I am told agco paint is made by valspar. Can anyone comment on the valspar paints at TSC? There are two varieties: "restoration series AC orange" and regular "allis chalmers orange". Are these a good match for Corporate Orange? <edit> I guess there is also "Majic" enamel at another store, in "AC orange"

i use the valspar allis chalmers orange. I think it is a good match i havent seen the restoration series... is that corporate too or the persian...??

The restoration series will most likely be closer to "Persian" orange which was used on the older tractors like the WD's, etc. You want corporate for the lawn and garden equipment. Valspar makes Deere's paint (comes in a valspar box) and I believe the true colors are exclusive to the OEM manufacturers. I assume AGCO would hold similar agreements with their suppliers. Paints sold at the box stores may be similar but probably not the same as OEM.

Valspar makes AGCO paint as well or that is what the dealers counte help told me. It is around $20.00 a quart at the dealer. I bought a gallon last summer it was around $80.00. You can get Corporate Orange from Sherwinn Williams in acrylic but it is about $150.00 a gallon. The dealership Valspar paint dries a lot faster than what is sold at TSC from my experience with it.

Hello Mike, I use a computer blend of Valspar for the B110, at a farm store here and I been real happy with it (Its enamel) but I run a little paint gun..

Thanks for the thoughts. I will file them away for use when I repaint it. For now, I had better get it put back together and snowblower mounted for the upcoming season. I hope I don't need a snowblower for some months yet, but you never know.

quote:
You can get Corporate Orange from Sherwinn Williams in acrylic but it is about $150.00 a gallon.
Uhhh... the only thing I can think of worth a buck and a half a gallon isn't used to spray out of a gun. It's used to tickle the tonsils. :D