Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
glennsjr

I feel so stupid!!!!

glennsjr
I'm just writing this so you guys can chuckle and feel smarter about yourselves I just bought a nice AC712H and I went over the whole thing tune up change fluids and filters grease the whole 9 yards. Yesterday started mowing lawn what a terrible job it was doing started looking thought must be wrong blades wrong answer dummy here didn't realize you can put the belt on wrong. Anyway now with belt on the way it should be what a nice job it does.

RUMBLEFISH
I did the same thing when I got my first older AC Big Ten. I was like wow these things cut like crap then I looked out the way the blade was spinning and the rest is history. We all learn the hard way and sometimes its the best way.

rm
every time i replace a belt on one of mine. the first thing i check is to see what way the blades are spinning. lol 90% of the time i install backwards

larry8200
I put some flat blades on upside down once, must have been sleeping. At least you dont have to take the deck off to switch the belt, :D

RalphABlack
Did that more than once on the vairiator belt that goes from the motor to the vairiator pully. Had 3 reverce and 1 foward. LOL!!!