Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
snohiker

2110 bgb

snohiker
hello all im trying to help out a friend hes a young new member here and recently purchased a 2110 from a member well it turns out the bgb is toast is there a way to rebuild these or does he have to look for another one , hes already into this tractor for more that its worth so im trying to get it fixed for him as cheap as possible. if i had gone with him to get it i wouldn't of let him spend what he did but i guess its live and learn .

PhanDad
See this post for some links to recent posts about BGB repair: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=112956&SearchTerms=bgb The parts aren't cheap. If you can find a good used box, it's usually a better way to go.

snohiker
yea i was afraid of that this tractor was suppose to be an easy fix clean out the fuel system and go nope leaky tank and so far a junk bgb i feel bad for the kid being his first tractor

dentwizz
Sometimes it's the rough first ones that mean the most;) I learned a lot of lessons doing that picking some "lost causes" and winning anyway. Have a look on Ebay, you may get lucky. Some tank sealer may be a cheap and viable option for that as well.