Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Another Newcomer

Modifier1

Hello to everyone. This is my 1st post. It has taken me a bit to figure out all this great technology. I picked up a 716H Allis Chalmers w/a 16 horse Kohler, Hydro Drive, 48" deck and Electric Lift. So far I have put in a carb kit ( only ran with choke half open )Freed up the free wheel pins, replaced all the deck bearings, flipped the tie rod over,rt to left. relined the brake band. Tractor runs great now. Now here's my problem, the electric lift motor is burned out, it took out the brush holder and the armature. I can't seem to come up with one anywhere. Any ideas on this?

Also I picked up this snow blower for a Simplicity while picking up other parts. I learned a few lessons all ready. It won't fit my tractor. can anyone figure out which tractor it might fit? I measured it at 30" side to side. Hope this is not to much at one time. Thanks

Yup, that's for the early small frame tractors. If it's a 30"er, it's most likely for a Yeoman. But what's that little black thing in the bottom of your photo Larry??? Could it be a winter shroud add on for an engine perhaps???

I just sold one of those blowers with the Broad that I had. In fact I bought it to originally go with the large frame too.:p The thing I would do with that motor situation is find a 'electric motor shop'. They can likely rebuild it or find a suitable replacement. I don't know if there are many choices for said where you are but around here there are tons of little shops of that sort.

Welcome to the club! Here is some info. on electric lift motor. http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=113473&SearchTerms=saginaw

Thanks Josh I'm glad I'm not alone on that one. I picked it up for 50 bucks. What is the value of this blower? I will sell it or find a tractor it will fit. As far as the electric motor goes I have been to several shops and none of them have been helpful. The best info I have now is from all you guys. I am waiting on one lead and if it doesn't work out I can check out the info from here. Thanks every one for the help. I will keep you posted