Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

JD Wheels

dads707

I picked up a set of new JD, 6 lug wheels. The reason I bought them is the new 23X10.5X12 tires mounted on them. Are these wheels easy to get rid of. After I take the tires off I have no use for the rims.

If they are yellow. They will sell. Like gold. I have even seen sears Craftsman bring good money on ebay when repainted John Deere colors.

Here are the pic's.. Maybe for one of the zero turns?? I don't know a lot about the Deere family, just that a guy at work drooled all over the place until I told him they were 6 lug.

Any ideas about what to ask for these? And before anyone asks... the hateful cricket is not for sale.. (got these suckers everywhere!)

They would be useful to someone who wanted to pull an Economy tractor in a class that required 12 inch tires at a tractor pull. They worked nicely on a Jim Dandy because those were not much more than a frame, engine, tranny, and rear. I saw several set up like that when I was still pulling. Also some of the larger Wheel Horse tractors used a 6 lug, 12 inch wheel.