Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Architectdave

B10 - Pics Added 10-16-10

Architectdave
Just picked up a B-10 or at least thats what it says on the hood. It's missing the grill so the hood is supported by some bar stock. Its been converted to coil ignition, third gear is none existant and the rear bushing of the 12v starter generator is shot. All in all its still pretty cool. Obviously I need a few parts I'll be posting in the wanted section..... The label on the seat pan is nearly gone. Any way to tell what year it is? The engine starts with "23D" It also has a rope pull start cone on the BGB. Any thoughts on this let me know, this is my first Allis all my others are Simple. Will post pics eventually. Edit 10-16-10

Can anyone confirm the year on this beauty?

dentwizz
3rd gear being out probly means the 1-3rd gear pinion is split. I just went through that on mine. $130 bucks new but not too hard to replace. Or you can just enjoy it as is. The free-running 3rd gear won't hurt anything.

Architectdave
Rm - sent you an email Dentwiz - is ther ean online manual for the early B-10? Ive decided this tractor found its way to me to have a loader on it so thats my next design project as well as some over all clean up and general maint. on the tractor since its been neglacted for so long.

RayS
quote:
Originally posted by Architectdave
Rm - sent you an email Dentwiz - is ther ean online manual for the early B-10? Ive decided this tractor found its way to me to have a loader on it so thats my next design project as well as some over all clean up and general maint. on the tractor since its been neglacted for so long.
You would have to download a Simplicity equivalent manual. http://simpletractors.com/Main/x-ref_table.htm

Architectdave
Thanks ray - I tried entering the 1964 Landlord mnf. number 314 for a manual but had no luck. Anyone have a model number that might help me find manual for this thing? Picture coming shortly.

Architectdave
Awesome that looks like the one. Thank you UCD. Ive posted I need a grill and support in the classifieds....anyone know if this is the same thing? It looks like the part in the parts breakdown but a lot of the B10's i see have a chrome support. http://cgi.ebay.com/Grill-and-surround-older-Simplicity-landlord-/230532943813?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35acd58fc5

dentwizz
The frame core is the same, sorta. The sides that are not chrome are actually bolt on additions for decoration(cheap way to add flair). The creativity may come when making the round hood mate to the square hood grille.

Architectdave
Still searching hoping for a hood support and grill for my New B10 I picked up - I know I know pictures are coming. Anyway today's task, anyone know where I can get a bushing to replace the rear one in this type of S/G? (The pic isn't mine im referencing one form the site, hope no one minds....)
[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/larry8200/oldsg.jpg[/img]

PhanDad
Jebco has S/G repair kits, here's a link: http://stores.ebay.com/JEBCO-STARTERS-and-ALTERNATORS/STARTER-GENERATOR-REPAIR-KITS-/_i.html?_fsub=6326808&_sid=107383088&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322 Maybe they'd sell you just the bushing.

Architectdave
Bill awesome thanks. Perry, I sent you email on the grill. Dave Edit: I ordered a rebuild kit from Jebco. FYI after speaking to them on the phone, it turnes out there are only two kits. You either get the bearing/bearing kit with two new brushes or you get the bearing/bushing kit with two new brushes. They are the same otherwise. Cool.