Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Montrose, MINNESOTA 4th Annual Plow Day

D10-Allis

Friday and Saturday was the 4th Annual Fall Harvestor plow day, It was a great turnout due to nice weather. All brands are welcome and everyone had a great time. Even with very few Allis participants we think we out performed the Green and red ones by far, these tractors are awsome!:O Enjoy

920 Allis

10 HP Diesel from Carrol Stream its a BEAST and I would buy another one. Second time plowing with it and I love it.:p

I'm REALLY liking the dual wheel kit on that Big-Ten. I'm also amazed at how well the soil rubbing across shines up the moldboard face. How many acres did you guys plow???

I thought I heard 60 acres, heard another comment stopped counting when I got to 100 tractors, Friday and Saturday there was garden tractor pulls with the "BOB sled" small menu of hamburgers and hot dogs put on by the boy scouts and some brought lawn tractors just to show. saw license plates from: Canada,Iowa,Wisconsin,Missouri,Ohio,and of course Minnesota.:D

Hey D10-Allis that does look like a good time. I was up in Princeton Mn looking for parts for mine. Thanks for taking all the pics.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris727
Interesting how most of the AC's didn't need weights, yet the cubs and JD's were loaded down.
Brinly recommends weighting down the left side of the tractor somewhere in the neighborhood of 55#. Now if the outside dual wheels are loaded, that should be plenty of weight. If you are going to lose traction, the left tire will spin first.

Each 8.5" tire on the D-10 has a total weight of 75 lbs (tire, rim and ww fluid). So the left side of axle has 150 lbs on it and right side has 75 lbs. plus 200 lbs for me, and yes the left side spins out first. sm01

My B-110 plows without any additional weight, just need the right tires and to ride the fender every now and then.

The extra tire gives it a nice look in my opinion---plus keeps my but in the center of the seat instead of the seat in the center of my butt. :O