Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
osenga

front end loader

osenga
Today my brother in law went to a auction and picked me up a frontend loader. It has the lift/dump controls valve and has the pump mounted to it to. He's not sure what it is off of but the original color was orange he said when he scratched the paint he said to bad someone painted it Green . But he knew I wanted one and just got it and stole it for 75.00 . Now just have to make a trip to go get it and have to make it fit on one of the tractors . So it was you what tractor should I use one with a 3 speed / 6 speed or a hydrostatic

D10-Allis
I would say stay away from the hydrostatic, with your right hand on the hydro controlling the speed, its hard or impossible to raise, lower and dump the bucket all at the same time with your right hand, just my opinion.sm01

mwells
I've got one on a hydro, and if I need to stop or slow down while running the loader, I just use the clutch pedal. The hydros nice for forward and back movements, and its easier to go slow and smooth with a heavy load. Just my two cents.

sbull78
i have had both and imo i would definately go with the hydro...it is smoother going in and out of a pile and carrying a heavy load...the gear drive is a bit jerky...my controls for the loader were on the left side so with my hydro lever on the right it worked out well.the foot pedal is the ultimate!!!just my 2cents...

osenga
Thanks for everyones thoughts and by chance anyone have a picture of one on a 900 or 7100 just so I could get a idea of the mounting anyone with a picture if you could email me one that would be great thanks to everybody

acfarmer
Hydro is defintely the way to go with a loader instant foward and reverse.and if I'd of gotten the loader that cheap I'd be looking for a Sunstar with power steering to put it on.