Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

wait huh?

MowerMechanic

Just talked to the guy. he said the motor is out but there. and he said there is no gear change on it just a lever on the right that goes forwards and backwards with notches to place in various spots. Is that a shuttle or hydro or something? also does it look like the lift stuff for the hitch is there? I cant tell cause i have never owned one. If anyone knows any info about this thing let me know cause im ganna go check it out monday

It's a Vickers hydro. You can see the "free wheel" lever pushed to the right, "free wheel" position on the rear shot of the tractor. It has a Homelite rear lift - it's a rectangular cross section rather than round. Never saw one of them in person. Don't see any mower deck, but if it has one, make sure you get the mule drive for the front of the tractor. The deck is driven from an electric PTO mounted on the front of the Briggs. The deck and mule drive can be seen in this pic of my T-12:

My T-12 has an electric lift, the one your looking at has the armstrong type. The tractor was made in the early 70's, not 1954 as stated in the ad. Also, the front axle and mule drive could be different than shown. My T-12 is an early one, the later ones had a different front axle and mule drive. Happy hunting.

he said it has no deck. are those hydro's very reliable? weak? i am being very cautious about this purchase so any info would be great

I like the vickers in my 3314. have read here they are quitier then the sunstrands. And compared to my 4040 I agree, but I don't see the two as an apple to apple comparison.

The Vickers is quite & slower in reverse but I still like it better than the Sunstrand. they can leak at the pintle shafts, but are reliable.

ya, i made arangements last night to pick it up tomorrow and before i even got off work a good friend of mine called me bragging about the new homelite he got...... go figure

Thats the way it is moving west...sometimes you get an arrow in the back.:( Don't you love people who say it is yours and then sell it out from under you?

ya but im happy with who it went to. I stopped by his house after work and it was a bigger project than i would have liked anyways. Im still shopping for the right tractor so i will be asking for everyones humble opinion a lot in the near future. Thanks guys