Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
brockway

b210 wont start

brockway
Today I Was mowing the yard and ran out of gas so when I got back from the station filled it back up and nothing would happen.I did leave the key on but the battery tested ok full charge.Any one got any ideas? Did I fry some thing by leaving the key on? Could not think of what though.

brockway
Thanks for the replys the mower deck is disengaged.I took a tester and when I turned the key I had nothing at the solenoid only the post connected to the battery.No power at the starter/generator.

dentwizz
The key being left on would mean virtually nothing for killing the battery on the magneto ignition system. The most common issue I have seen with that system would be a dirty connector on the under-seat neutral sensing switch. A simple few strokes of a file in the contacts would fix that. Sometimes the key switch leads can do that too. Very small power doesn't take much to interrupt.

oli4gate
this hapened to my 9020 too, the problem came from the PTO switches. Bad contact on. I used contact cleaner to fix it. The yellow circles on the drawing are the clutch contacts, the red ones caused the problems.

JimDk
The B-210 should not have a pto switch, just a neutral start safety switch. There should be an inline fuse behind/above the gas tank. Check the small center post on the solenoid for 12v when the key is turned to the start position. If no 12v present, check that circuit back to the switch. Check the fuse, check the ign. switch for power, check the neutral safety switch for 12v with key in start position. It's a simple system. Good luck, Jim