Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Sgnob

Just picked up a Simplicity 7119!

Sgnob
Hey guys I just picked a very nice tractor. She has a mower deck, tiller, a small loader bucket. She has the 19 horse Kohler series II engine and is Hydrostatic. I get her from a old estate next door to the farm I work on. 150.00 bucks!!! Good news, new tires, clean oil, looks to have been well cared for. After a engine oil change and a carb cleaning she runs great. Bad news, After getting her going everything seemed fine, Mower fired up as it should, the hydraulic lift works as it should. But when moving the leave into forward or reverse nothing. When I disengage the clutch the pump seems to spin just fine, and when checking the oil its at the top of the pipe. Any Ideas?? Oh yea Ill try and get some pic up later today. Thanks..

Sgnob
quote:
Originally posted by OrangeMetalGuy
Make sure the hydro disengagement latch is up, releasing the pins below it.
OK so I'm a pretty good mechanic, But have never worked on anything like this before. I looked all over the machine and the only lever cold find is right behind the rear axle on the left looking at it from behind. I don,t believe this has any thing to do with the hydraulics?? It looks like it may have something to do with the rear pto or something like that. Thanks for the quick reply. and Ill post back if I figure it out.

BLT
What you are looking at is the release latch to let hydro go into freewheeling. If latch is all the way down pushing on the pins you are in freewheel and travel lever does nothing. Pull latch up and the pins should pop up and then try your travel lever. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/BLT/7116Hyda.jpg

Sgnob
quote:
Originally posted by BLT
What you are looking at is the release latch to let hydro go into freewheeling. If latch is all the way down pushing on the pins you are in freewheel and travel lever does nothing. Pull latch up and the pins should pop up and then try your travel lever. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/BLT/7116Hyda.jpg
Thanks for the pic!!!! Some carb cleaner and a wire brush to the top of them did the trick! THANKS. No Im off to napa for hydraulic filters oil and belts. I just fond out that i need to go over and get the trailer's yes 2 of them and a seeder. Can't wait to drive it over there and pick them up. Thanks again I would have been pulling my hair out with out you guys.

OrangeMetalGuy
You need to use a Simplicity belt, because on these machines the belts have to bend backwards. Standard belts won't work (well, they'll work but won't last long). I would plan on draining and refilling the BGB (bevel gear box) fluid while you are at it.

Sgnob
quote:
Originally posted by rpickle
Any pics of this GREAT deal?
Sorry about the pics, winter is coming and we have been very busy. I will get some up tomrow..

johnmonkey
Sounds like a great tractor, you have to be a member to post pictures, given the info you have, you already got your $10.00 worth. Well worth the investment. Oh, and welcome aboard! jh

Burntime
Get ready to haze the new guy:D Seriously though, this is a great site. There are some people here that can diagnose issues and save you hours by posting a pic and a question! Just do it!