Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
OrangeMetalGuy

Who runs a safety strobe during the winter?

OrangeMetalGuy
I live on a heavily-traveled main road and only venture out onto it when clearing the end of my driveway. I get a little nervous heading out past the high banks onto the road.. been thinking about installing a strobe but don't want to look silly. It's not like I'm running a full-size tractor with a loader on the front.

lt-scir
You won't look silly. Smart people will say there is a smart guy. The silly guy is the one that gets run over because he cant be seen.Just my 2 cents. BE SAFE.

RayS
They have others as well. Type in strobe in the search in their store. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Amber-Strobe-Beacon-Safety-Warning-Flasher-Lights-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19c03d20dfQQitemZ110599413983QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

adamf203
The ones that I used are cheap, or at least I think so. Around $40 a piece for L.E.D's. They are flush mounted, and only require 3 holes to be drilled. Muliple flash pattern all built in.

larry8200
quote:
Originally posted by OrangeMetalGuy
...don't want to look silly. It's not like I'm running a full-size tractor with a loader on the front.
Nothing silly about safety, and that full size tractor is both more visible and has greater visibility.