Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Update on 716H Snow blower project

Modifier1

I picked up the blower and hitch on Sunday started putting it together on Monday. Thanks to Burntime and other for all the ideas for this. I don't have a welder at this time so made up the brackets I needed and drilled and bolted them in. Making the rear pulley stationary then utilizing the factory front bracket I added the straight ear for the pulley.

I do not have the belt yet so I had a piece of 1/2 in rope to check the pulley alignment. Looks good by the cone clutch but in the next pic it looks like the the hitch pulley is about an inch to the left. Can that be tweaked a little or removed ans welded in the correct position? Or how much are you allowed?

Your pictures did not display because of the spaces in your file name plus the double jpg file name. Your file name, Snow blower project 1jpg what it should look like, Snowblowerproject1 Rename the files with out the spaces and leave of the jpg the program will add that for you. Then reupload. You can do this by editing your original post

Looks good! Can you shim the pulley on the hitch a little to get better alignment? Other then that you should be good to go! You may have to actually bend the tab a little if its out of room...

Burntime, the ear has a bend in it to the left, I could put a 1/2 in shim on the rt side and remount it there.

UDC, thanks for the help on the pictures. I will check out the blower pulley. I did not think it was adjustable. Littlefan, There was alot of shims on that pulley so iput the bracket on this side and took out some shims to line it up.

I noticed when I first put the blower on that the steering was really stiff. Is that the norm or do I need more lube? Or more serious.

Grease the spindles and air up the tires good. It helps. I flipped the pulley and have removed a shim, but it looks like it is already on the shortest side... Great job!