Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

75th Refresh Finally Done

PhanDad

It took a long amount of calendar time, but the work is finally done. When I received the tractor, it looked like this:

It now looks like this:

I bought a couple of the pictured NOS seats about 2 years ago on eBay. I think Small Engine Warehouse was the vendor, they had a bunch, I wish I had bought a couple more. The bolt pattern isn't correct for Sovereigns; I installed threaded rivets into the seat bottom to match a stock Sovereign seat and the seat works just fine. I had to drill 4 holes in the seat pan for the bottom half of the hinges and also drill 2 holes for the seat springs. The late model seat pan has only 2 pre-drilled holes at the rear of pan where the hinge bottoms install.

No way did I want to sit that high up with the stock seat on my hilly property.

agree the seats are too high on the 75th. However with pwr steering (much higher steering wheel) the extra seat height is nice. I have same setup but plan to add much more chrome treatments. You got a nice looking machine.... I see you ditched the tru powers. I love mine but, don't think I'd ever put a set on my 75th.

Looks great! I see it has the seat nanny installed too. That would have accidentally been disconnected had I been "refreshing" it. 8D

I'm not sure the "seat nanny" works completely as it should. Only thing it does is not allow the tractor to start without weight in the seat. After the start, you can get out of the seat and nothing else happens (or stops happening). It doesn't have any effect on PTO operation which I was expecting. That's why it's still wired in atm.

The seat switch on my Sovereign will stop the engine if you get off the tractor with the PTO on and/or the hydrostatic lever not in neutral. Likewise, engine will not crank if the PTO is on or the hydro lever is not in neutral.

Roy, That's what I thought the seat switch and interlock module should do. Like you stated, my engine will only crank if there's weight in the seat, the PTO is off and the hydro lever is in neutral. Once started, only switching the key off kills my engine (the oil sentry will also). My interlock switch must have gotten partially fried from the messed up dash wiring when the Command was first installed. And thanks again for all your help with pictures, etc of your Sovereign Command installation. It was a big help.

Bill, It was my pleasure to be able to assist. Your efforts have resulted to a tractor will worth your time and effort/ Carry on,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• maxwood
    • gwiseman
    • PGL
    • andrew68
    • BLT
    • bradperc
    • AC710
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts