Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Who's ready?

RickS

I know for some of you thinking of snow this early is a crime. But here in Maine snow does come early. Last year I mounted the blower and plow (on two different tractors) in the cold, just before a forecasted storm. I have already seen snow fluries here in western Maine. The fluries only lasted a few minutes, but snow is comming. Mount Washington, (45 minutes away) already has 5 inches at the top. This year I have by 47 inch single stage mounted on my new (to me) Legacy tractor (weights and chains too) waiting for snow. Who has already set up their winter rigs? Rick.........

I have a snowblower mounted on one of my Simplicity 7117 tractors with lug tires filled with windshield washer fluid. I also have a 48" spring trip snowblade mounted on one of my other 7117 tractors. It also has lug tires filled with washer fluid. I changed the oil in both engines and filled them with 10W30 as recommended for winter use. I am ready!!

As with the other guys in WI you never know.. I remember as kid trick or treating with snow on the ground. Now I just have to decide what attachments to use. Basically it comes down to having a 2 blowers or 1 blower and a plow. 1. 2001: Attachment: 1 stage 42” + snow cab+ rear stinger counter weight. Rim/Tires- Tru Powers 23X10.5X12 Lugs (filled with 2 wheel weights each side)+ V61 front(with weights) 75th: Attachment: 46” Plow (graphite coated) Rim/Tires: 16x4x8 front, rear 23X8.5X12 (vbar chains)+ rear stinger counter weight 2. 2001: same 75th: Attachment: 36" Ariens 2 stage Rim/Tires: 16x4x8 front, rear 23X8.5X12 (vbar chains)+ rear stinger counter weight 3. Run the two stage and the plow... can't decide grrrr I got it buy one more tractor and have all three :) I got a large turn around driveway. Remember WI we often get wet snow and small dustings... but lst year got over 12" in one night. Seriously if I recall from all my forum readings those of you with dual tractors run a plow and a blower... but that's because most don't have a 2 stage fitted to a Sovereign. Kevin

That glass cab even has a heater in it. I paid my dues for 25 years and over 5000 hrs in this 7790, and 10 years before that on a 7016 with out a cab.

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
That glass cab even has a heater in it. I paid my dues for 25 years and over 5000 hrs in this 7790, and 10 years before that on a 7016 with out a cab.
[img]/club2/attach/UCD/77901.JPG[/img]

Such Sufferring still going on in this country, it's shocking.

I have a single belt thrower on my B-10,a three belt thrower on the Big 10,and when I get finished with the Vac,I'll put the blade on that Big 10. I are red-eye. I figured if I was prepared the snow might hold off awhile, it's when I'm not ready we get the 12 incher. I have hope's of getting a cab ether built or bought before it snows.

still working on my cab... more work than I think Ill get done this year... but here is a pic of snow here not my pic but just down the road in chenango county friday am... IT IS COMIN"

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
[img]/club2/attach/UCD/77901.JPG[/img]

.. and I dont recall what you told me, but wasnt it more than a couple of blower attachments you wore out on that one?:D

And, from the sunny south..I wonder how a snow blower would work on oak leaves? I was outside most of Saturday, the 23rd, with sweat dripping off my elbows. Got nearly 80 degrees, and when I woke up at 4:30 this Sunday morning, it was still 61 outside. We haven't even had a frost as yet, and looks like it might not happen til Thanksgiving or later.

when testing/fitting my 2 stage ariens it was summer and I did use it to blow leaves. The fan on the 2 stage sucked up the leave and blow them out..... not that I would use it for that, but humoring you :)

While my tractor was down I fabbed a lift for my grader blade on the back. I used some old exercise equipment that my neighbor was throwing away. Can't wait to try it out.

better shot

If I get my 2012 done soon I'll have a blower also. :DBring it on!

Dunno when the snow starts in western NY.....but I'm ready! Snowblower on and working....chains and weights installed. And I adjusted the lift arm so the blower actually comes off the ground now! 7016H

HA! No where near ready. 101 is still running like crap and the snowblower needs a new scraper and belt. No $$$ and time is running out! :O

I can be ready in fifteen minutes with no tools. I found out Bob that I need to adjust the pulley on the hitch so the auger stops when the PTO is disengaged.

Some what ready. Have just mounted the snow cab for the first time, with the deck still on. LOL. Have to wait a bit for the leaves to fall, so can cut and chew one more time. One more oil change due, since the tractor is new to me. Plan a few more hours this week to prep the blower, and finish a few small details. Still like 60* in Cedarburg,but rain was much needed. So I'm guessing about 10 days and ready for the first time, 6216, 42" blower and ready snow cab. Snow is not optional this year. Need to play and seat time......