Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
B10Dave

Shop time this afternoon.

B10Dave
:( Cloudy and sporadic showers today so no seat time. Decided to put new S/G belts on both BigTens. Changed the oil on both as well. Found the battery cables on one to be substandard so I made up and installed replacements. Pleasant three hours of wrenching and beer drinking.dOd B10Dave.

larry8200
Well, if wrenching = beer, than I have some beer in my future, and an engine overhaul. Did the B series have automotive style battery posts?

B10Dave
Larry. Not sure about style of battery in B's. All of my running ones have L&G batteries in them. I don't recall seeing one with an original battery. UCD or BLT or Ray could probably clarify. Dave.

larry8200
quote:
Originally posted by BLT
Battery group 22NF was the battery for quite awhile and it was/is a post battery. On the newer tractors, I don't know
3400, 7000, 7100 and newer use battery group 51-R, a pretty serious battery. (550 CCA?)

johnmonkey
I like the beer coozie dOd, I need one. Although, I will have one after the work is done, I get too fuzzy headed :Q if I drink and work. jh

dentwizz
I use the post style on mine with a batt that fits the entire compartment(I think thats what the original was). Were those self-made crimps or did you buy them that way?

B10Dave
Dan; Burntime is correct about Lakeport beer made in Hamilton Ontario.It is their Red beer like Rickards. Josh; they are self crimped with a hammer and centre punch. B10Dave.

timflury
quote:
Originally posted by johnmonkey
I like the beer coozie dOd, I need one. Although, I will have one after the work is done, I get too fuzzy headed :Q if I drink and work. jh
The can coozie rocks!!! I want one.

Sign in to follow this