Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MarksA-C

Picked up a Wonderboy 575

MarksA-C
Back at the Oak Creek tractor show a guy came up to me and asked me if I might be interested in a old simplicity wonderboy. Said it was in great shape, his dad bought it new, been sitting in the shed since his dad died almost 30 years ago. Finally went to go look at it and the guy was a little upset over its condition. Lots of surface rust over everything. After a good tour of the old farm and all the cool machinery, I asked what he wanted for the wonderboy. He asked for an offer. NO! Not the dreaded offer! I said how about $60? "Oh no no, thats too much" OO WHAT?!? haha Made a deal at $40 and was loading it in the truck when he handed me the original book for it too! So here are a few pictures of it. Some after a quick cleaning and scrubbing. It doesn't run yet, points might need attention and compression seems low. I'll drop a little oil down the cylinder to see if that helps out a bit. Tires still hold air too 32" mower and all 4 hubcaps

B10Dave
??? Who was that guy complaining about not finding machines cheap enough to add to his collection??? LOL. See Mark; good things come to those that wait.dOddOd B10Dave

MarksA-C
This one is going to be a restoration. Needs some repairs and upgrading as its worn out from actual use but its still a beautiful machine and Its going to be awesome mowing my lawn with this.

MarksA-C
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Sweet score Mark. Still dreaming about finding one of those up here. They just look cool.
If you ever want one and you find it in a location near me, I'll take it apart piece by piece and mail it to ya dOd

Sign in to follow this