Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
grnlark

Added Another Landlord to the Fleet

grnlark
I picked up this sweet Landlord last week. The overall condition is great and the deck is amazingly clean. It lays lovely stripes too :D I must have loosened up some garbage in the carb though from running it even though I cleaned the tank, changed the fuel line and added an inline filter. It just died on me and will only run on carb cleaner. I'll have to rebuild the carb. The gas tank seems to be leaking at the botton seam too. :( I put a wanted ad in the classifieds section for a gas tank if anyone has one.

dentwizz
Sounds like you got some loose rust in your tank. Take the valve and screen off the bottom of the tank and it will likely be plugged. It's nicer to check that than it is to take the carb apart for a rabbit trail;) Nice deck. Was that replaced recently? It looks new:)

grnlark
Originally, I pulled the tank, cleaned it out, replaced the shutoff which has a built-in screen and also added a very fine micron in-line filter. That's why I'm pretty sure something got sucked into the jet on the carb. Does anyone know what the Briggs rebuild kit part number is off hand? I bought the tractor from a guy who's father bought it brand new. His fathers health apparently is slipping and the family has begun to start cleaning the house out. It's a sad situation, but I assured him the tractor was going to a good home. He said his father would be happy to know that. He told me that everything was original as far as he knew and said this was his fathers "baby". I would suspect the deck is original.

Sign in to follow this