Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

620 Seat replacement

B10Dave

:(Original seat on my 620 was done. Installed new aftermarket seat and modified it to tilt as well as still have fore and aft adjustment. Here are a few pics of the job. B10Dave.

:D Peter. I didn't do the "customizing" of the original seat. I bought this tractor last spring, so it is relatively new to me. I still enjoyed the shop time to replace it and modify mount though. Thanks for your comments. Dave.

Wow, now that's a pair of hinges! They'll last a long time. Great installation work. I assume the bolts in the bottom hinge straps at the front is to adjust the angle of the seat. Did you consider using stock old style Sovereign seat springs?

They look about the same height and would allow some vertical seat movement for a smoother ride.

Bill.The bolts are at the back. Seat tilts toward steering wheel. Didn't have any spare springs. Have to measure the height of the ones on my 919H and see if they would be long enough. Springs would be nice but I may have to get longer and stronger ones. Thanks for the suggestion.dOd B10Dave.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• BLT
    • Bill725
    • gwiseman
    • Chris727
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts