Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

snohiker

bgb parts

Chris727
All still available new from any Simplicity dealer, though you will probably have to order them in. Site Sponsors like Sandy Lake Implement and Wells Implement are good sources.

UCD
The Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractor club does not have site Sponsors/Advertisers. It is funded entirely by membership dues. Kent's host site SimpleTrACtors has Sponsors/advertisers and is privately owned

AC710
I just ordered some parts for my 710 BGB from Jack's Small engines. Cross shaft will run $82, ball bearings $23 each, large seal $15 and small seals $2.50 each plus shipping. I only needed one bearing and the seals, so I opted for new parts, but BGB's can be had for less than $170 estimated parts for what you say you need. BTW, it took a month and a half to get the parts because of backorders. I'm still waiting, but they should be here on Monday.

grnlark
I've been looking for a nice BGB for my 65 LL for over a year and no luck yet. Every one I find has sloppy bushings. I'm at a point where I might need to bite the bullet and rebuild it because the noise is getting really bad. I'm not even opposed to spending decent cash for a nice used one if it means I don't have to deal with rebuilding mine. No time for another project.

Ronald Hribar
sounds like an possible enterperise for someone who has acees to used machines. Rebuilt BGB. but i bet shipping charges would be a problem. unless they would fit in a postal service box

rsnik
Geoff, I bought a 2010 with a failed BGB. The pulley on the left side (facing forward) had the set screw come loose. There is a soft metal bushing this cast iron pulley is up against that got eaten away as the pulley wallowed. That bushing determines the lash of the gears and resulted in the gears getting out of lash with eventual broken teeth and destruction.

johnmonkey
I just had one shipped from Michigan to Maryland for ~$145.00 it fits a 900 series tractor the cost of the BGB was $125.00 (From RayS) and it is ingraet shape. Thanks, Ray. jh

rsnik
Here's a BGB with a short money BIN that the seller claims is in good condition: http://cgi.ebay.com/Allis-Simplicity-Bevel-gear-Box-700-7000-/260691548689?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb26d5a11 I sure would like to see a topic someday about how interchangeable BGB's are between FDT models and RBT models.

Chris727
quote:
Originally posted by rsnik
I sure would like to see a topic someday about how interchangeable BGB's are between FDT models and RBT models.
Not even all FTD BGB's nor RBT BGB's interchange with one another. Many differences exist. There are 2 different FDT BGB's (3spd/hydro) and Variable. The RBT's had cone clutches and a larger diameter input shaft, and there are differences between some of the RBT cross shafts, based on which transmission configuration it had. The 3300's and 300/400 were also different.