Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Delco-Remy starter/generator

MatthewS

Hi everybody I bought two used starter /generators last year, one worked one didn't I junked the one that didn't. Well when the engine seized up I took it of and when I put it back on it wouldn't work I took it apart and found that the bushing in the bottom end cap is worn so that when juice is put to the starter it grounds out against the side. so my main question is are parts still available and if not does any body here have one they would be interested in selling. It sorta seems a waist not to be able to fix this one considering how expensive they are. The plate on the sode of the starter/generator had this info "Delco-Remy model 1101695 serial 1L1 12 volt" any and all info appreciated. Thanks, Matthew S.

well i have an old toro with the delco-remy starter generator on it and when it died i had it rebuilt and now it works like new .(all internals replaced/rewound) and yes it is hard to find this type of starter. pretty much any electric motor shop can do this. hope it helped you on this matter. matt

Generally, if you can find a starter/generator shop they either have in stock, or can order, all the parts needed to rebuild the units. That's how I have kept mine working the last 20 some years. Al Eden should know where to find parts if he doesn't have them. Roy

Check with your local dealer. I went through a Simplicity dealer and he had factory rebuilds on the shelf and he took mine as a core. Approx $70. works great, no problems. Chris

I found a 1967 Simplicity Broadmoor 717, that someone was throwing out. It had a starter/generator on it, voltage regulator, and all the wires. It all works, i really lucked out. I got it running, but it didn't charge the battery so i figured that i just had it wired wrong, wich i did. I would think that a starter/generator would cost around $4oo. If i were you i would try to get that one re-built or just by a starter motor for it, not hard to install.

HI, Thanks Roy, We do stock parts for these. We can ship them or rebuild the unit if sent to us. If you need parts, call us at 1-800-462-2214. We UPS parts of all kinds. We are franchised in Simplicity, Ariens, Gravely, Grasshopper, Stihl, Echo, Briggs, Kohler, Tecumseh, Kawasaki, Honda, Briggs Liquid Cooled, Lawn Boy, Toro, Plus our own Re-power Engineering Re-power kits, adapters and electrical changeover kits that we make. Some of the lines we have a lot of inventory, and some not so much. Last year we received a complimentary letter from Simplicity informing us that we were in the top 50 dealers in the company for parts purchases. We are always glad to help anytime we can. Thanks Al

I'M ALSO IN NEED OF A STARTER-GEN FOR A 3210V. PLEASE ADVISE IF YOU HAVE FOUND A SOURCE TO PURCHASE OR REBUILD. MINE WORKS OK IN START MODE BUT WILL NOT GENERATE. THKS, TOMT

So far after thirty years, the only thing I have had to do so far to mine has been to install a set of brushes in my 3212V and the 3212H.