Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JordB110

How do you post Pictures?

MPH
Click the link box on the photo you want to post, a # comes up you need to cut and paste on the diss. post. I been useing the bottom one. haven't figured how to get an album to post yet....MPH

jlasater
Once your picture is uploaded to a picture hosting service, you should be able to cut and past the URL for that picture into the "Post a Reply" window that says Optional Image Link. The URL has to be valid (i.e. cut and past it into a regular web browser to see if it loads up for you.) An example is http://www.wheatfarm.com/actractor/images/IMAGE3.jpg which displays as: http://www.wheatfarm.com/actractor/images/IMAGE3.jpg

MPH
Jordan, on photo point, when you view your pics, there are a couple 2 or 3 boxes just below each pic, one says delete,one view one link, if you click on view you get a blow up, if you click on link you get a mess appears in the upper left corner with the URL #, this is the # you need to add to the bottom of the post in the Opt image link. I'm on an apple my sons left at home, if others are different I don't have a clue, couple months ago when I was tryin to figure this out most people not on apple looked at me like I was in another country. My son just taught me how to cut and paste which is very helpful. Not a compute nerd by any means so sorry if my inatuction are rather vage..MPH

JordB110
Thanks, MPH. I'm also on an Apple 'cause they are many many times easier than windows. If you ever try to do something on win. that is easy on your Apple, you'll wonder how the thing ever got sold in the first place. True there is more software available for win. but you can buy a program called Virtual PC which will translate Win. written stuff so you Apple can use it. Have a good one, Jordan.

MikeES
Jordan, do not feel bad. I am an engineer, I use computers all the time at work and attach drawings and references to e-mail and files etc., manage the network systems BUT I HAVE YET TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO ATTACH A PICTURE OR DRAWING to this discussion forum. I have followed Kent's great instructions and still can't get it to work, I must have a mental block as the terminology mentioned above is greek to me. Mike S.