Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

2 recent restores

greasemonkey

my dad is currently restoring 2 tractors at the same time! not sure why, but he is...a '73 Allis 620 garden tractor, and a '73 Simplicity 9020. new here, so bear with me on trying to get pics up! the 620 is all original and came with no 3pt hitch or rear pto, but shortly after buying it, (36yrs ago!) he bought the 3pt hitch assembly brand new from allis, he tried to shell out for the pto setup, but too pricy! now, in the middle of the restore, i found a rearend complete with the pto in good running order, so in it went, along with a fresh coat of paint, and a great set of decals from maplehunter in texas. the 9020 is a clone, you see, (long story) he bought it about 3yrs ago, with a chevy chevette motor in it(and sorry again, no pics of that either!) backwards, so the hydraulics were mindless, the motion control lever was backwards! talk about screwy, especially when we have another! so he pulled the motor, found an onan, and started down that road too, it had a damaged steerbox (weight of old mill) so he's in the process of putting in a orbital steer unit, and a hyd cyl in place of steer link from old box, hopefully it works! now the hood, to cover the chevy, was big enough to fit a 190 allis, so we started looking for a 620/720 hood...yeah right! but did manage to find a Simplicity hood, so, we decided, that it was kinda a basket case anyway, we painted it up and dressed it with decals from nate @ vintage, to look like a system 9020! it also gets a pto rearend we found online, and is also going to be our loader tractor, you see he has a 3rd unit, an all original 720 with the ark matching loader, which is next for a restore. this is a loaded unit, so we think it'll best serve its purpose as a tractor, and take the loader off to put on the 9020. when i figure out how to post pics, i will! great site by the way!

Sounds like some real interesting projects. Sorry, But you need to be a member to post pictures, but the great news is it's only $10 per year to become a member. The information on this site is awesome and it's easy to join so become a member today and you can post all the pics you want and gain access to the entire site! Dan

ok, now that i have the pics resized, here's the 620...

ok, now these should be our version of a system 9020...

notice the steer hydraulic cyl?? hooked to an orbital, we hope it works!

hope you boys like them! don't be afraid to comment, positive or negative~!

No No No, you did them both all wrong. I will come pick them up and you can try it over again on another... Seriously, those look amazing!!!;)

my dad is 66, and i'm pretty sure this hobby will keep him entertained on retirement! he gets to see alot of this great country tracking down parts and pieces, he kind of reminds me on an old crow...he likes "shiny" things, ie, the powder coated chrome wheels...

:O:OPete. You must be right around the corner from me. My PC is N5H2R6.:D Very nice tractors by the way. Puts my 620 to shame. B10Dave.

dave, i'm on calton line, dad is just around the corner. well, judging by the comments, looks like they are well received! thanks guys! there's a long story to that 620, you see, i've cut grass for the neighbours that had 4 acres to cut, on that unit, since i was 14! 4 acres there, we had 3 to cut, for like 10 yrs, then we moved, and it cut this current grass till 5 yrs ago, when dad found a tractor with a smaller deck, to trim around trees and such, so the allis was just for garden duty, tilling and snow removal, up to last year, when the motor started to show signs of suffering, i convinced him to rebuild her,, and thats how it started! thats alot of cutting grass my friend! pretty sure NO other rig on the planet can attest to that! when i was 15, the crank broke between both cyls, and still ran enough to get her home, that was the last time the motor was open! nobody can convince me the CCKB Onan is a sour mill! which kind of irks me when i see a repower, but oh well, to each their own i guess! i'll see if he still has the hour meter, he put a new one in when the crank broke thanks again guys!

We each should be issued one when we become members8D Your two are the same ones I see in my dreams LOL:drl Dan aka Ironpony

Glad to see you became a member! Those are two awesome looking tractors. I hope my 9020 and 620 look close to that someday:(! Do you have any pics of the 720 with the loader, we like to see the unrestored ones too:D. Dan

Except for the AC emblem on the 9020's steering wheel I'd say perfect. I rarely feel envy, but I do now! Beautiful job.

i was wondering how long it would take for someone to comment on that steering wheel emblem! that and the non simplicity fenders... i think i can find a pic of the 620 about 3 months before he started, and the 720 forsure!

Every time I look at that 620, it reminds me off a hot rod pulling tractor with those rims. They are really clean. Even the panel around the hydro levers are super clean. Are they new?