Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
OrangeMetalGuy

Is this too much power draw

OrangeMetalGuy
On a 716H stock tractor. I need a rear-facing light and found this: http://www.amazon.com/Buyers-Products-Utility-Light-12V/dp/B0026OOPSG/ref=sr_1_cc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288477311&sr=1-1-catcorr but I am wondering if that's too much of a draw?

Sgnob
I have this same lite on the back of my 7119 and so far have had no problems, some times when Im open and closing gates and the engine is at idle iv noticed the amps gauge is in the negative, but as soon as I rev it up it charges fine.. Hope this helps..

PhanDad
Shouldn't be a problem; draws just less than 3 amps. You have a 10 or 15 amp max supply so unless you have alot of other users online it'll be fine.

BLT
Unless it is a real high draw lamp, I guess is no as the parts book shows a rear work lamp being available. The only work for the alternator is battery maintain, headlights and rear work light. If you have an electric lift option, there is a high draw but only momentary.

dentwizz
To save the loading I have 3 of those but the front pair are on one switch and the rear is on it's own. I figure most of the time I don't need it so why load it up?

Burntime
I run factory headlights and used to run 1 55 watt on the cab and one on the rear with my kt17 and I think 15 amp system. I just shut off all but the headlights for the ride to the garage. Now that I put the spout rotator I nixed one cab light but may add it again...I really want the yellow strobe:D

powerking_one
If you guys want to see the current state of art in low power illumination (LED's), check out the technology from Cree. I have one of their Q5/Q8 LED flashlights rated at 500 lumens (palm sized, runs on one 18650 lithium-ion battery, external chargers included) and to witness it's performance is almost that of a carbon-arc spotlight. It totally put to shame my good old 4 D-cell Mag-Lite. http://cgi.ebay.com/CREE-Led-500-Lm-Rechargeable-K8-Flashlight-Torch-Lamp-/260636708581?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item3caf288ee5 This might be an interesting retro-fit for our tractor headlights and it only draws 350mA: http://cgi.ebay.com/CREE-XP-G-R5-x3-Led-Module-20mm-MCPCB-/260623877767?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cae64c687 I swear the Chinese are eating our lunch with products they can turn out like the ones I described above and are doing it so well. I paid $22.00 for it and it showed up in 8 days from Hong Kong. Being curious, I dis-assembled it and was shocked at the quality of construction; A+. Even the last connecting rod (B&S PN 299080 NOS; date code 1997)I got off eBay a while ago was (you guessed it) marked Made in China. :( Tom (PK)