Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Turf Groom 136

larry8200

I've never seen a sweeper I thought would hold up at any price, even in the $300-$400 range. then I came across this in great shape except for a little fraying on the catcher, for $150. I had to have it. It is a Wikco Turf Groom Model 136. The Company is not only still in business, but still makes the same model here in the US. They also have a hitch to gang up 3 at a time. I ran it around the front yard for 20 minuites, it seemed to have picked up most of the acorns and twigs along with the leaves. It filled the catcher up full 4 times. You dump it by pushing down on the lever you see on the left side. Opens kind of like a clam shell. If you want one or more information: http://www.wikco.com/136.html

That is basically a heavy sweeper. Cool! I pull a 46 or 48 inch one. You would think that it would take longer to fill, nope, just a bigger hopper...

That there is super cool!!!! I love solid older bits like that .... worth 3 times what you paid, compared to the junk you'd buy at lowe's ........

There was a simplicity sweeper. I dont think it was made by Simplicity. I have an AC model. If I find a picture of mine, i'll post it.

Edit: Found a picture of the AC model. Same as I have:

hey larry good thing you didnt stop by with that thing in the van i would of be trying to finagle it out of ya lol good score right in my back yard how did i miss that

quote:
Originally posted by 4xbill
There was a simplicity sweeper. I dont think it was made by Simplicity. I have an AC model. If I find a picture of mine, i'll post it.
Thanks for the information and pictures. I can see thats a cut above the cub and jd sweepers, that are the best I had seen, but still had bent and crimped tubes for hitches and everything, and look like one glancing blow off a tree would be a quick end. MPH: This one ways about 130 pounds, and I hope you treat your "craps men" with kid gloves

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts