Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Small Tractor Battery Location ?

Datac

Greetings all, I was at the scrap yard last fall and just had to drag home a pair of 616,s (the little ones). One was definately a "parts only" model, the other not too bad. It did not have any compression(or spark)so, yanking the head I found the valve seat out of place holding the valve open. Cylinder wall was perfect. Staked in the seat and relapped it as it was not too far off. Thing runs great !! Some poor soul probably dumped it and bought a MTD to replace it. I am sure THAT will be in the same yard soon if it has not gone thru yet ! Anyhow, Last week I was there again. This time I dragged home a 525 and a 627. Both in pretty good shape ! Anyhow, I am wondering where they put the battery on the 627 , and what size is it? It has a switch on the right side of the column housing and the ring gear on the flywheel. Also, if you fella's know of a Starter that fits from another application that may be good to know. I think I am going to try to locate a Snowblower for the 525. After looking at the pictures of one of the members blowing snow with his, I'd like to do the same. I can keep the blade on my 3415 then for clean up. I can't make the picnic so you fellows have fun ! Chris Luebke

The battery for those is a motorcycle battery, little bitty thing. It fits on a special platform in between the grill and the front of the engine. I also have a pile of loose Yeoman parts to sell. $5 each piece(not including decks or starters) for whatever you want if its there plus shipping. In case you or anyone else is interested. SmilinSam