Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dentwizz

Jacobsen 321 snowblower

dentwizz
I just picked up a Jacobsen 321/20inch snow Jet snowblower and the guy said it had a briggs motor. It is 2-stroke and I have yet to encounter such a thing. It likely is the original engine which seems to be in fact a Jacobsen engine. What are my source options for starter parts and manuals??

briggsetc
Most likley it is a Jacobson engine. I could PDF a copy of the parts list from a big manual I have. Need all the engine numbers. I have no idea on parts availibility. Email me at ghargrav@twcny.rr.com Gary

dentwizz
Thanks, I will have to see where the numbers aresm01 Between fighting with a head coldsm00 and reinstalling valves I'm done for the barn time tonight|)

dentwizz
I took it apart today because it sounded like a nut in the flywheel. Turns out there were two(presumably the PO dropped them from the starter). Then I found out the governor linkage(the plastic one) was cracked off. I fixed that with a manual throttle, then I found out the starter(new tecumseh unit, which matched) let loose inside. Can I get the manual(It is a 321 2 stroke) and a parts engine from the respective peoplessm01? I would like to get it done before the big one hits the east coast. We keep getting near misses in PA but I know its only a matter of time.