Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Beat up snowblower revived and ready

Michiganmobileman

I did not take any progress pictures but here is the finished product with stainless steel liner and fresh paint and repairs. Caution, sunglasses may be needed8D.

Before pictures at this post and some of the after repairs www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=113775

I welded up and ground down till I had it thick enough to suit me, but did not really have anything to fill in to make it look better. May do a bondo Job next summer, but will work for me for now. Thanks to Rod Hubbard for the tips in another thread (hood extension) on welding up sheet metaldOd. Decided on the antique white rotor as thats what I had on hand:D. Need to do some touch up painting but have to wait for a warmer day for that. Still need to get the cable and spout rotater back on as well as the drive pulley. Then I guess I just need some snow:(. Greg

You did a great job on that. It's almost too pretty to use. Does your son work at Burch Tank in Mt. Pleasant by any chance?

That liner looks cool!!! Now we need to see some "after" pictures in the spring. Keep that impeller waxed up and you'll be throwing snow into the next county!!! Nice repair job.

I agree, that is a tight fit and it should do really well. Wasn't there a guy on ebay a while ago someone posted that sold add on paddles to lessen the gap? I would think it would make a difference...

Great repair job. It'll work better than new. When are you going to start selling the SS liners? I'll take one :D

Hey guys thanks for the replies. Yes he does work at Burch Tank in Mt P (shhhhh). I have asked him what sort of price they would be if they were to make the liners to sell. Will let anyone interested know when I get a price. I may consider installation for anyone who can get the blowers to me and be able to wait awhile. Next step is to fab up a spout liner out of the extra piece I still have. I too am anxious to see how it does with the snow and how it holds up afterward. Will keep everyone up to date. Greg