Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
minerfarmer

Maybe a Big Ten

ReedS
Could be but we're assuming that the engine is original here, first where are the engine numbers located, on the flywheel shroud or on the air shroud near the front of the cylinder? The difference is that the numbers being on the shroud would point to a 243431 10 hp eng or a model 23 9 hp which would make it a b-10 not a big ten then again I'm no expert. Another difference though hard to see with the abundance of corporate orange is the early b-10 had yellow engines and tranmissions vs later models that had black engines and transmissions. I spy a loader attachment too, those are RARE and highly sought after! Looks like it'll need some tlc but certainly has potential! Welcome to the club!
  • Like 1

FTG-B10
It looks a lot like a B-10, I've seen other orange ones before too, ruining a nice paint job if you ask me. Don't get me wrong I like the orange Allis tractors, but the yellow is supreme! Are those running boards that you could buy made especially for the B-10?

minerfarmer

This B110 is what I started with. Bought it at a neighbors estate sale. Did not come with a mower deck so I started looking for one and ran across an add for a ac garden tractor with attachments and got this rough orange tractor and attachments. Wheel weights and chains,Plow,Snowblower,Tiller,Mower Deck,Sickle Mower,and L-10 Loader.Not sure what will fit the B110 But could not pass this up.

• Like 1

minerfarmer
The engine numbers are 243431 0123202 6509171 Everything is painted orange. I will look to see if I can tell if the paint on engine under the orange is black or yellow. Are there any other ways to identify this tractor?

minerfarmer
Looks like the engine was originally painted yellow. So I am guessing this along with the engine serial number makes it an early B10. Is that right or what else should I look for?

minerfarmer
Ok so the painted orange tractor is a Big Ten. The engine runs good, but the tractor is in rough shape. How many of the implements that I have will fit a B-110?

ReedS
Everything that fits the big ten will fit the b110!:D Although mine are the red counterparts to your yellow ones I have a dedicated loader tractor, a mower tractor and one that does everything else!

dentwizz
Aside from the hood, cosmetically the orange one really isn't all that bad(mine was worse). The hood would straighten out pretty easily. Just a thought.

minerfarmer
Since the Big Ten is already running I am going to go through it and put the loader on it. I put the tiller on it and tilled the garden but it seemed to run to fast. Would be nice to have the Hi/Low but now I just think I am getting greedy. Going to try to get the B110 running this winter. Thanks for all the input. I am sure I will have more questions once I start getting into things. I THINK I GOT THE FEVER!!!!
  • Like 2

comet66
quote:
Originally posted by minerfarmer
So it sounds like I need to tell my wife I need to buy more tractors!
Shh...Tell her the Fairies left them over night.....:D Welcome aboard David...Looks like you hit a Goldmine with that find.dOddOd

HubbardRA
Tell your wife that you are not as young as you used to be and that it hurts too much to be out there changing the attachments back and forth. You definitely need a tractor for each attachment to make it easy on you.:D
  • Like 1

minerfarmer

Been away for awhile, but collecting parts tractors. Problem is I think they could all be running. Been working on them one at a time. Want to get them to work before I do any painting to check for problems. Some are pretty ugly compared to what I see on this site but I will try to post some pictures.IMG_0239.thumb.JPG.47151a14ff4b3275a01279b8c6224a8b.JPG

minerfarmer

Been pulling engines and cleaning out the mouse houses. This one had the exhaust valve stuck, but lossened up pretty easy. Cleaned fuel tank and points and it fired right up.IMG_0234.thumb.JPG.3c42aa4106b38c9b98b565e16b40530d.JPG

• Like 1

minerfarmer

Thought this was going to be a parts tractor. Under the ugly paint I found a tight tractor. It is a BIG TEN. The engine has been changed to a 16 HP.  Mice had taken up residence for a long time. Had to splice the spark plug wire. Pulled head and lossened up valves. Engine fired right off and n test stand.IMG_0242.thumb.JPG.efaaf86261beed666613467b50e31f8d.JPG

• Like 1

minerfarmer

This is the one that came with all the attachments. Was running when I parked it about four years ago. It will need the mouse house cleaned also. Also acquired a B12 with a decent looking mower deck on it. No pictures of it yet. Picked up a set of 23X8.50X12 ag tires. Hope to put tiller on one. Loader on one.  Mower deck on one.

QUESTIONS

1. Which one gets the tiller?

2.Which one gets the loader?

3. Mower deck stay on the B12?

4. Where will the ag tires end up?

Thanks for all the help I have gotten from this site!