Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

my thoery on hood bolts

perry

the reason the hoods are bolted down and not hinged on these old tractors is because you rarely have to take them off 8D. its been 2 years since this hood has been off my red landlord. only reason i had to pull it today was to change a fuse for the lights. and thats because a wire that i ran for the rear light rubbed threw on the fender pan. this tractor gets run daily. even if it's just to the mail box and back. gotta love a briggs, just add gas and go ^. [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/abc003.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/NOV005.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/NOV006.jpg[/IMG]

And.....it wasn't until they started putting in those pesky kohlers that Simplicity was forced to go back to the "easy access" hoods that tilted forward and out of the way of the troublesome engines. Here goes the Kohler/Briggs argument again....lol.

Just go Magnetron and forget it:D:p I even went a step further for the anti-hood removal on mine and put in a remote battery-jump lead/plug. Only thing my hood comes off for now is spark plug accesssm01

quote:
Originally posted by B10Dave
:O:OThe external coil is so it will start easily and consistantly like a Kohler!!!:D:D Dave
something i threw on there when i first got this tractor. it fired up so i just zip-tied the coil to the frame and off i went :D. she's the smokiest 10hp i have. just wont die. when it stops smokeing i add oil. my 16hp briggs engines on the shelf are itch'in to be used .