Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Leaf Rig

Chris727

Finally got my leaf rig put together. Overall it works great.

Really lays down the stripes. Especially with all the clippings sucked up.

I'm not sure I have the cover put on right, Its just laying on there. Is there supposed to be a drawstring or something? Simplicity only has parts manuals, no instruction manual is available. I also need to cut a few more inches out of the hose running from the vac to cart as it wants to close off and clog.

Also wondering how you guys empty your carts. Can't dump it without disconnecting the hose so I just pull the hatch off the back and use a leaf rake to clean it out. Overall I'm impressed with its operation^ You can get closer to objects than if you had a deck driven turbo. Using the BGB to power so many attachments is genius and the vac can be used on tractors from 1959 to 2000 if you have the right deck adaptor. Also you don't have a separate engine to service.

The ring that the hose connects to atop the wagon should be a quick disconnect ring. Mine has three little thumb catches that you pull back and just wiggle the connector loose from the reciever on the cart. Once loose let the hose ang and trip the cart and dump it all the way over and then pull the tractor ahead slow. I usually still have to pull some out by hand when I tip it back up though.

Looks like it works just fine and sure beats a rake:D. My cover has blocks (wood or plastic) sewn in to the lower seam of the cover that push up into the lip on the outside of the trailer sides to keep the cover in place. Greg

Still haven't worked on getting my vac unit put to use but had a flash back to unloading corn cobs in the cattle yard when we shelled corn way back when. We'd put a plank in the front of the mt wagon with two ropes running out the back, then open the tailgate, hook the rope to a fence post and pull forward, saved a LOT of shovel work.

Thanks for the suggestions. I picked up about 3 more cart loads today. I used the quick disconnect and it worked nice, except when I tipped the cart the metal sides want to slide backward:( Still need to put in the reinforcing rods. The elastic is shot on this cover but I do have an NOS one I could use and it appears the elastic is stil good^

My trailer has a door that flips up in the back. I use a pitchfork that lives leaning up against the tree by the leaf pile all year. The leaves pack in there pretty tight, I've tried dumping and other methods but the pitchfork is the easiest.
[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/Architectdave/P9200876.JPG[/img]

• Who's Online (See full list)

• ShaunE
    • SmilinSam
    • a_sannine
    • maxwood
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts