Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anyone know what this is?

larry8200

Has an 8hp Kohler, and (had) full width wood rollers on a deck welded out of mostly flat stock. Owner says it's a Mighty Mite. Seen a lot of weather.

It actually resembles an old Sears I picked up this spring, except for the color. Is it possibly built by AYP(American Yard Products)? I got a bare tractor, so can't say anything about what a deck would have looked like, bought it for the starter/generator for $7.50 at an auction, was going to be this winter's project until I found an A Farmall that needed attention.

It's for sale but the owner thinks it's worth a fortune. It's been sitting outside long enough that I'm not sure it's worth anything. I was looking at a 738 he has that's in similar shape with no deck. He'd probably take $50 for it. Tires are good and engine turns over, might go for that.

quote:
Originally posted by snohiker
this is just like larry show us these pics and leave us hanging
Sorry, but I posted everything I know about it - nothing.

Definetly a Dura Corp Moto-Mower likely made in Indiana. They also had a division in Canada that mde these. Likely a model 6000 or 6001. I have 3 of these in my herd. The early ones had the cast iron foot rests. Some had left pedal controlling clutch and brake, and some had right side controlling the brake. These were also sold as Porter Cable, and as Lawn Master if I recall corretly. Regards