Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
DRofHEAT

725 questions

DRofHEAT
working on my 725 < just got it home> wont start found leaking gaskets on carb replaced those hmm also had broken throtle linkage broke at the flat spot? dont know if I did it or was like that any ways can this still be found at the dealer? then it wont fire so off with the head stuck exaust valve worked it free and have it out this is when i noticed this 725 has a remote kill button on the engine od all 725's have this ? well as for this tractor sitting under cover for years at least 30 its in great shape so far i have yet to take a pic of the before and the other thing was the front of the engine has a plate that says install for winter use only is this plate used to warm the engine in the cold ? or to keep snow out of the head fins???

Yeoman627
The 'plate' you are refering to is used in the cold weather to keep the carburetor from 'icing'. The carburetor is prone to icing, especially when blowing snow, in the winter months. The shield helps contain the heat generated from the exhaust to keep the carburetor from icing. Consequently, it is not necessary in the warm months, and should be removed. Store heat shield with your tire chains and wheel weights until next winter. Regards, TK

MPH
Sure would like to see a pic of carb shield as when I blow snow, if the muffler blows against a bank I have to cover the hood with a large sheet of cardboard and let it melt out while it is still running. thanks MPH