Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dhardin

Simplicity 4041 deck blades

dhardin
Thanks Ray's. Now if the guy that had it for sale would return my email for a total price and give me a address and time for pick up. It appears that the seller has backed out.

dhardin
Update: Just this afternoon made a call to the seller after a lot of research. After waiting 2 days after the closing of the bid. I had given the guy my name, address and phone for a confirmation and approval for payment on pick up. I got no email and no call. Expecting to right this one off, I called the seller (B&B Lawn Equipment & Cycle Of Geneseo IL) in hopes there was some misunderstanding. They admitting to not responding and said they tried to call me but misdialed my number. As it stands now I'm OK to pick up my 4041 Monday. Its a 2 1/2 drive one way but I'm hopeful and confident I will bring home a Powermax/4041.

Bailey
Glad to hear that it worked out for you. I've had a couple deals go south and it makes you sick. The p-max is an awesome machine .... By the way ... have you posted any detail of that wagon in your gallery? I'd be interested in how you put that together.

dhardin
Thanks Bailey, I have to take the time to upgrade my membership again (to upload pics). Looks like I will have me a winter project this year. I've been watching for over a year to pick up a Powermax. Several went so high or was so far away. As well I was to slow for a few listed on Craigslist. I was bummed when I got no returns on this 4041. Till i called the guys direct on phone. Aww success just what I wanted to hear, "come and get it". I have had other winter projects but since i stopped collecting Simplicity & Allis I was supposed to be fixing my commercial equipment getting it ready for the spring. Witch i have not done as i like. I have not done much in my shop. Last years farming took almost 3 plus months. Then right after harvest I had another open heart surgery, than back to mowing again. Sorry you asked about the 4 wheeled wagon. It is one of the may home fabricated projects i use and really find it useful. But like every thing once i got it pained and tested it out I never finished the power lift. Till this week, I found a 12v scissor jack at Harbor Freight that is all but a couple of welds and 4 big bolts will have a hoist on the bed. A hoist is needed a lot with the big load it halls. With my less than my stellar health if I cant find or build a tool to aid in my work I have a tendency to avoid the work. My equipment list is getting out of hand. I told my wife i would consider selling some of my older tractor if i found a powermax. Dixie Chopper ZTR 60" 25hp Bunton WB 36" hydro 14 hp Toro 724 ZTR 60" 24hp Grasshopper ZTR front mount 52" and a 61" deck with turbo blower with collection box on the 52" deck Ariens ZTR 44" 14hp Craftsman 42" 19.5hp with a 5hp blower with a box trailer Swisher 60" 20hp pullbhind Pullbhind 48" 18hp Case uni loader 60" 1 yard bucket 37hp 2 edgers 4 Stihl hand held trimmers and blowers LazyBoy lawn vac DR weed whip trimmer on wheels 5hp bocktoel weed mower 8hp 4 wheeled wagon with power lift 2 wheels 10 gallon 10' spray boom *Land Lord 101 42" *B10 42" *B110 42" *Allis 416 42" deck and blade for snow *Simplicity 6200 48"cut re power 20hp, metal cab with 42" 2 stage blower *Wheel Horse needing a motor, has a 5hp vac with 42" deck Snapper hydro tractor *Cycle bar mower 47" fits the B series *David Bradley 2 wheels tractor with cycle bar attachment 16' tandem landscape trailer with back and side 6' folding ramps with spring assist. with a 1000 lb crane. 5X8 single axle trailer. Hopefully a 4041 powermax if all goes well tomorrow.

dhardin
Oh my God, It home. WE actually the words out of my mouth when my wife cam home was "Where have you been all my life" did not go over as well as I had hoped ether. What a machine, what a day. 40 mph winds sunshine to black clouds and drenching rains and lighting. From 72 to 60 degrees. But I have to say the experience was great. Found some great people at B&B mowers & cycles. With a lot of TLC this is going to be a great addition to my collection/usable stable of equipment.

dhardin
Don't know what Iv done but i guess i did it. cant post pics. I had a icon for attachments but pics was to big. I was in the process of resizing and now i can't find the attachment button any now. HELP please.